Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What the Hell is that noise?

Today, while watching the local news, I was blown away by a story being reported. I’m not sure if anyone else has heard about this, and I’m pretty sure more than a few have, but it kinda freaks me out. People are reporting hearing a weird noise in the air not just in my tiny neck of the woods in Saskatchewan, Canada, but also in Australia, London, Chicago, to name a few. And no one seems to know what it is. Some say it sounds like a trumpet blowing, others say a fog horn, some say it sounds like some sort of scraping sound and no, these aren’t crack-pots. Sure, if you had a handful of people from one city, province or state claiming to have heard the odd sounds you could laugh it off.  But world wide?  No way can that be laughed off.

Now of course since it is 2012, people are saying it’s a sign of the end of the world.  Others are saying its aliens.  It could be both, or nothing at all. There is a hell of a solar storm happening right now. Some say it might be the storm, not sure how this works, but okay, people are entitled to their opinions. I haven’t heard the noises personally and I know if I did I would seriously shit my pants.  What could it be and why are people hearing it across the world?
Most of the noises sound the same. A loud rumbling or groaning vibrating in the air. My hubby pointed out that it sounds uncannily like the noises the aliens made in the movie War of The Worlds with Tom Cruise. Anyone remember that movie? It really does sound the aliens. God help us of that’s true. Those suckers were gross and what they did to the humans was….horrifying.
Others are saying it’s a publicity stunt for a new movie or game.  Seriously? That is one hell of a budget they have then to do this world wide.  But okay, we'll go with it. Some movie's have done similar things as publicity.
Still...I’m baffled.
Could it be aliens trying to make contact with us?
Is this just another sign of the impending end of the world?
All I can say is I’m stumped and, yes I’m going to say it again, freaked out.
What do you think? Have you heard the sounds?

19 comments:

Leslie Lee Sanders said...

Creeepy! I had to post the video of this on my FB page. I'm not ready for this. I hope it's a hoax!

Shiela Stewart said...

It really makes you wonder. If its a hoax its a damn good one.

Thanks for popping in Leslie!

Jessica Subject said...

Okay, I'm into the aliens, but I don't believe this to be invaders from outer space. Why? Mostly because if you listen, you can also hear birds, crickets and frogs in the background from some of the clips. If it weren't a natural phenomenon, they would be quiet, or you'd see them fleeing away.

There have been a lot of solar flares lately, and that would be my guess. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Shiela Stewart said...

I don't know. I've seen birds acting normally during an air raid siren going off. Like I said, I'm baffled and feaked out a little. LOL

Thanks for the comment Jessica!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

interesting indeed, i sub to this channel on my youtube account, and know he's known for being a wee bit 'out there' with his theories and the such like -- the truth is out there, but it's doubtful we'll ever find it. LOL

Janice Seagraves said...

I watched the video and all I can think of is that some really bad music students are out trying to practice their tuba in peace out where they won't bother anyone.

Then a few misguided individuals are recording them, posting on youtube, saying listen to this the world is going to end.

Michelle Hughes said...

I have to admit this one gave me the willies!

Shiela Stewart said...

Hi JoAnne!
I agree. We'll probably never know the real answer.

It does sound like Tuba's being played, but I don't know that it would be world wide. Thanks for popping in Janice!

Hi Michelle! It is spooky isn't it.

JM said...

Very spooky. Totally freaked my puppy out- he went and hid under the couch.
I wonder if it's some kind of solar flare version of thunder. The majority of them seem to be to the north, nearer the pole, too.
I don't know.
Ha! My captcha is coment.

Shiela Stewart said...

Wow, JM, that is weird. In one of the other videos on you tube the guy video taping had a dog who cried and whined while the noise was happening.

The majority of people say its part of the solar flare. Could be.

And the Captcha thing is hillarious!! LOL

Faith said...

I haven't heard any odd noises around here, but with a coal load out nearby, we hear a lot of groans, rumbles, etc., from the trains.

My theory? Well, I've been delving into a lot of what's been predicted for the end of 2012 as well as weather/Earth patterns. Jappan's big quake moved our polar axis 2 inches. Also, every 5K years, the Sahara Dessert changes back to a luch, green area. Add to this the theory of severe solar pulse that is due to hit the Earth and which is theorized to shift the Earth's plates. Combine all these, and I wonder if our land plates are starting to move and that's what people are hearing. What this means is that Canada and the U.S could shift to the equator and warm climates could move to cooler regions, then Mother Nature's cycles reboot, readjust and start over.

The downside to this prediction? Big quakes, wild weather, volcanic eruptions, extreme hurricanes and tsunamis. Oh, wait. That's happening now.

Anthology Authors said...

Well, peeps, I hate to say it, but right before I fell asleep last night, I heard the same sound in second video. I am in Los Angeles. We aren't far from the airport, so I thought it was a low flying plane until it kept going and going, and at some point it did sound like there were instruments in it, perhaps even my neighbor who likes to play his drums (very poorly) or the kids down the alley playing. It wasn't. It was nearly 11 pm and even they wouldn't do it that late(not in our neighborhood), and there was still that sound of displaced air overriding it all. I have to admit to being a bit freaked out by it, but forgot until Faith sent me a link to this page.

Marci

Shiela Stewart said...

Wow Faith! You're a wealth of knowledge. And all that just freaks the hell out of me. All the urricanes, psunami's earthquakes not to mention hundreds of birds falling from the sky and hundred of fish floating to the surface really makes me wonder if we're not all DOOMED.

OMG Marci! I can only imagine what its like hearing these things. Garrenteed if it were to happen near me I'd be in the car searching it out.

Marianne Stephens said...

Weird sounds...makes you wonder if Mother Nature is up to something to scare the hell out of us.
Aliens? If they're "out there", are surely more advanced. Would they need to scare us or just descend and we'd face whatever.

Faith said...

Well, Shiela, just call me a human sponge of knowledge, lol. I wish I could soak up more than I do.

Natalie Star said...

Holy crap. thanks for freaking me out LOL. I am sleeping with the lights on. Not that will help anything from trying to eat me. I haven't heard anythind weird like that though. I am in the mid atlantic US area.

night owl in IL said...

Faith - you may have something there. When I listened to this, the very first one (Chicago, IL), it totally reminded me of the Star Trek movie where this alien ship (super long & black - looked like there were no windows - like a super long rectangle) was trying to communicate with whales.

Lea Ellen

Shiela Stewart said...

You're like my hubby and daughter, Faith. It blows me away with what they know.

LOL, Sorry I spooked you Natalie. Yeah, I doubt leaving the lights on would help. :) I think we've been schooled to believe that if aliens do invade they want to take over our world and eliminate every human alive. I want to see more movies with aliens coming here to be friendly. LIke ET, :D

OMG Night Owl, I know the movie you're talking about. I love Star Trek.

I think it does stem from earth. I doubt very much that alines are trying to communicate with us but like i said. If that is true and it is aliens, i'll be totally blown away.

Shiela Stewart said...

I think you're right Marianne! I guess all we can do is wait and see if they come up with an explination.