Monday, April 23, 2012

Back to school

Today is the first day of classes for me and to say I'm nervous is an understatement, Not to mention how confused I am. But I'll get to that.

I'm taking an on-line screenwriting course through the University of Toronto in hopes to:Number one: enhance my writing skills and Two: To learn how to put a story to script.

A co-worker of my husband suggested I look into the screenwriting course and at first I was against it simply because...well, i didn't think I could do it. That is a major problem with me. I lack self-confidence. I'm working on it. I guess part of it is my fear of failure. What if I can't do it? I do;t think. "I can do this" I was the same way when first looking into getting my stories published. I didn't think I had what it took to be a published author. Look at me now. I have 19 books published (was 23 but three are no longer with a publishing company) Whenever I feel down on myself I just check out my website and remind myself that I can do it and I have done it.

Still, going back to school at 45 is scary, even if it is an on-line course.

I've decided to post my progress every Monday from now on which means my usual Wednesday posts will be put on hold for the time being. Though, if I get some hair brained idea i feel like sharing I will definitely be posting it. In the mean time, Monday will be my updates and I would love some encouragement. Every little bit counts, even a hi. :)

So this weeks assignment is to read the "Wilby Wonderful" script. Anyone heard of it? Tell me what you thought about it?

Okay, so that is my news or today, April 23rd, 2012. Stay tuned for more.



5 comments:

Authors Promoting Authors said...

Shiela, they are going to be so happy to have you as part of this class!
Hope you have lots of fun on your first day.
Its awesome you're taking this class and going for it! :O)

Shiela Stewart said...

Aw, thanks so much Tina-Sue! I've got a lot of reading to do and several movies to watch. Should be fun and hopefuly I won;t be bored silly with the movies. LOL

B.J. Scott said...

Hope you have a great first day!

Firetulip said...

Can't be worse than Corporate Finance and I just wrote my final exam. Won't even reflect back to see the stupid mistakes I made. Whatever I get, I get. The questions were worded so awkwardly and too much info was thrown in, it was hard to sift through it and focus on what was important.

Shiela Stewart said...

Hi Barb,

The first day went great. Reading the script for Wilby Wonderful.

Hi Firetulip,

Yikes! That doesn;t sound like a lot of fun. Good luck and I'm sure you did just fine.