Monday, April 23, 2012

Tues Tidbits with B.J. Scott Welcomes Author Bev Irwin/Kendra James

Today I would like to welcome fellow Canadian Author Bev Irwin/Kendra James. You must be thrilled having two books on the market and another one in the wings.
Hi BJ. Thank you for having me on your blog site today. I am still doing the happy dance after the release of my second book on April 14th. GHOSTLY JUSTICE is a paranormal young adult and I am so waiting to be able to hold a copy in my hot little hands.















Bev is here to talk about her new YA novel, GHOSTLY JUSTICE and her upcoming release MISSING CLAYTON. In addition, Bev released her Debut novel in 2011, WHEN HEART COLLIDE.
Available at www.soulmatepublishing.com
 www.amazon.com
 www.barnesandnoble.com  








Before we talk about her new books, lets get to know a little about Bev.

An award-winning author, Bev Irwin, lives in London, Ontario, with three assorted cats. One that hid in her car when she moved from the farm and two others dropped off by her daughter on two different occasions. Her three children have flown the coup, but her granddaughter, Jasmine, is a frequent visitor. As a registered nurse, she likes to add a touch of medical to her romance and mystery novels. She writes YA, children’s, and poetry. She prefers spending time in her garden, writing, and reading to being in the kitchen. Her debut novel, WHEN HEARTS COLLIDE, a contemporary romance, came out in December of 2011 with Soul Mate Publishing under the pen name of Kendra James That’s me and this is a bit about how I got here. The road has been long and full of twist and turns. There is so much work that leads up to this day.

Tell us where you get the inspiration for you books.

Writers are often asked, "Where do you get your ideas?" Where do I get them?

Everywhere. But then that leads to a problem for me. I have so many ideas surfing around in my brain it makes it very confusing. Which one should I follow? Which one will lead me along enough of a twisting path that a reader would want to continue the journey with me accepting that they may have to suspend belief along the way? I also need to find an idea that I will want to continue with to the end. I’m a great starter. I have so many projects started, WIP's that may never see the light of day.

But this year I want to change that. I have resolutions. To name a few: I want to get my house in order, give away cloths and possessions I no longer need, clean up papers I have been letting pile up for years, give away some of the books that are flooding my house, and most importantly, to organize my writing area so that I can find room to write. Hopefully, weeding through my house will make room for more to come into my life.

This year, I have goals. Concrete goals. The main one is to finish off all the WIP's and get them out there so they can find a home. I plan on shooting an arrow for the sun and if I hit a few stars on the way, that is okay too. Too lofty you say. Maybe. But I have a dream. A dream of having my writing be the only job I need to sustain my lifestyle. I dream of having all the techy gadgets I love. I dream of traveling. There are so many places I want to see. Then there are all those books I want to write. Remember all those ideas surfing around in my brain. Well, with a lot of will power, a heaping dose of inspiration, and an angel on my shoulder, I hope to give those ideas a voice. So let’s all raise a glass to inspiration!

Your young adult novel was released in April and sounds exciting. Where can readers buy the book?


GHOSTLY JUSTICE is now available!!!!




http://bookstore.blackopalbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=30
Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1109472393
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Ghostly-Justice-ebook/dp/B007TBYW9S/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1334595188&sr=1-1
 
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-ghostlyjustice-772928-143.html
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/149454 www.bevirwin.com

Ghostly Justice is a Young Adult novel but the pre release reviews shows it is so much more. The young heroine faced with the task of helping a ghost solve a 40 year old murder.

Ghostly Justice was not quite what I expected when I learned it was YA. Even though the characters are teens, the subject matter—some of it anyway—was very adult. However, Bev Irwin seems to be a talented author and handled the sensitive issues with the same aplomb with which she did the scenes where her teenage characters break into an abandoned house. Daria, our very reluctant heroine, doesn’t want to be special. She especially doesn’t want to talk to dead people or to hear her best friend’s thoughts. She wants to keep clear of her mom’s creepy boyfriend, snag a hot, sexy boyfriend of her own—who doesn’t—and to be left in peace...The other characters in the book are equally well-developed and three-dimensional, the plot has some very nice twists and turns, and Irwin’s writing is superb. – Regan, Reviewer


Bev's next book MISSING CLAYTON is scheduled for release in June 2012



Where is, Clayton. The sandbox is empty, the backyard is empty, the gate is open, where is Jenny’s six-year old son. Will she be able to find him in time?








I want to thank Bev for joining me today. Good luck with your books and future projects. You can visit Bev at her website www.bevirwin.com


Thanks for visiting with me today and Barb, thanks for having me.


Thanks to everyone who dropped by today. B.J.
********************************************************************************
Join me each Tues for Tues Tidbits with B.J. Scott B.J Scott. Amazon Best Selling Author in historical romance.
Also writes Paranormal Romance and Romantic Suspense.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065KX8P8


Highland Legacy an Amazon Best Seller for historical romance.
Jan and Feb 2012 







15 comments:

B.J. Scott said...

Welcome Bev!

Always great to host another Canadian Author. Your new book sounds wonderful as does your upcoming release. I wish you many sales and success with these and future projects.
Having read your book When Hearts Collide, I know the readers are in for a treat.

Firetulip said...

Great post, Bev. I too get lots of ideas as a good start for a new book, but then I have to wait and see if I can add them together into one instead of starting a new project with each idea. So far it worked and I'm piecing my next in like novel together. My plan is to finish at least one by the end of this year.

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said...

Hi Barb and Zrinka.
Thank you for your comments. It's great to be here and chatting with you both.

Shiela Stewart said...

Great post Bev!

Boy do I know about too many thoughts and ideas. I wish my hands moved as fast as my brain did.

Keep doing the happy dance! You deserve it. :)

B.J. Scott said...

Thanks for coming by Zrinka. Who by the way is another Canadian author ;)

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said...

Thank you Sheila. This certainly is an exciting time.
We never know where the next big idea will come from.

Debbie Christiana said...

Hi Bev, I too have many voices...er. stories in my head. I think all writers do. I write something down quick on a piece of paper and put on a bulletin board I have.

Someday I also dream to have them all there for people to read.

Good luck,
Debbie

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said...

Hi Debbie. Keep listening to those voices even if people look at you funny. That's what makes us writers.
And keep making those notes.

Christine Hughes said...

Great Post, Bev! I wish you luck with all your books!

L. R. Wright said...

Great interview Bev! Missing Clayton sounds interesting as well. Can't wait to read all of your books.

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said...

He Lesley. The ghost story is fun, and I enjoyed it but Missing Clayton is one of my favourite books I have written. I love what Jack did for the cover.
I hope that if you read them you enjoy them. I guess I'm not doing my job if you didn't. LOL.

Ann Montclair said...

Great interview! It's always nice to learn more about writers and their craft.

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said...

Hi Ann. Thank you. Yes, it's fun to get to know what influences our writing.

B.J. Scott said...

Thanks to everyone who took the time to stop by today.

Bev, it was great having you as my blog guest.

Bev Irwin / Kendra James said...

It was wonderful to here today. Thanks, Barb for having me here.